The instructor will review the importance and benefits of using formal and informal assessments in the play therapy intake session/s as well as throughout the process of play therapy treatment.
The instructor will describe the difference between formal and informal assessment as well as the importance of reaching out to other professionals to gather information. She will also discuss the importance of knowing what to share with those professionals to strengthen the client's overall treatment team.
Throughout this workshop, multicultural and ethical implications of assessment will be discussed. The balance of assessment and building the therapeutic alliance will also be discussed.
Presenter: Emily Keller, Ph.D., LPCC, RPT-S™
Date: March 23, 2024
Time: 1 PM to 4 PM, Pacific
Non-Contact CE Hours: 3 (APT) *Ethics CEs
Fee: $90 (EARLY BIRD: $75 before March 9)
For APT Training: Play Therapy Skills and Methods (2 Hours); Special Topic: Assessment (1 Hour)
Audience: Mental Health Professionals, School Counselors
- List three benefits of using formal assessments in play therapy
- Describe how assessments help engage parents and the entire treatment team in play therapy
- Discuss the multicultural and ethical implications of using assessment play therapy
- 9-10 AM Overview of assessment and ethics
- 10-11:30 Experiential Exercises & Case Studies
- 11:30-12 Processing, Wrap-up, Q&A
About the Speaker:
- Emily Keller, PhD, LPCC, RPT-S is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor and Registered Play Therapist Supervisor who is passionate about applying the therapeutic power of play therapy to help children, teens, and families heal and grow. She has presented at workshops nationally and internationally. She is a certified yoga instructor offering weekly Yoga Nidra classes.
You may cancel for a full refund up to 15 days in advance of the ent or a 50% refund between 5 and 15 days in advance of the event. No refunds for cancellations within 5 days of the event or for no-shows or failure to attend due to emergencies. Unused funds cannot be applied to future workshops.
Please note: Certificates of Completion will be awarded at the completion of the workshop to those who attend the workshop in its entirety and take an online exam based on the content.