Sand tray is a powerful tool to integrate with play therapy. It is especially useful in working with families.
On a basic level, sand tray can facilitate communication and a sense of connection. At another level, sand tray can be used to help families identify and explore the impacts of generational trauma. It also can be used to invite change and break these traumatic patterns.
In this workshop, we will explore the applications of sand tray in the context of trauma that reoccurs in patterns throughout family members and family history. We will also explore the power of destructive stories that families hold on to throughout generations, and how to disrupt them to invite healthy themes. Additionally, we will look at how dominant cultural narratives can harm generations of families from different backgrounds and the importance of identifying and acknowledging those harms in the process of healing.
- Describe generational trauma through a Gestalt play therapy lens
- Explain the importance of a right-brain to right-brain connection in sand tray play therapy focused on trauma
- Using the therapeutic powers of play, discuss the value of incorporating sand tray in play therapy to address generational trauma
This webinar training is eligible for 3 non-contact CE’s with the Association for Play Therapy.
Faculty: Emily Keller, Ph.D., LPCC, RPT-S
Dates: April 20, 2024
Times: 9 to 12 PM, Pacific
Tuition: $90 ($75 Before April 5)
Participants: Mental Health Professionals
Live Webinar Non-Contact Hours: 3 (APT)
For APT Training, Play Therapy Primary Areas: Play Therapy Skills and Methods (1 Hours); Play Therapy Theory (Gestalt) (.5 Hours); Other (Expressive Arts) (1.5 Hours)
- 9-10 AM Trauma through a Gestalt and Sand Tray lens
- 10-11:30 Experiential Exercises & Case Studies
- 11-12 Processing, Wrap-up, Q&A
About the Speaker:
- Emily Keller, PhD, LPCC, RPT-S is a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor and Registered Play Therapist Supervisor who is passionate about applying the therapeutic power of play therapy to help children, teens, and families heal and grow. She has presented at workshops nationally and internationally. She is a certified yoga instructor offering weekly Yoga Nidra classes.
You may cancel for a full refund up to 15 days in advance of the ent or a 50% refund between 5 and 15 days in advance of the event. No refunds for cancellations within 5 days of the event or for no-shows or failure to attend due to emergencies. Unused funds cannot be applied to future workshops.
Please note: Certificates of Completion will be awarded at the completion of the workshop to those who attend the workshop in its entirety and take an online exam based on the content.